Essential Oils 101
What is an essential oil?
Essential oils are volatile liquids extracted from plants for physical and emotional benefits. They are distilled from leaves, flowers, tree bark, seeds, or rind of fruit in concentrated amounts. Typically one drop of a dōTERRAÂ® essential oil has a powerful effect making them affordable at just cents per use!
dōTERRAÂ® essential oils can be used in many ways including relaxation, personal hygiene, household cleaning, cooking, and supporting a healthy body. Every oil can be used in at least one of three application methods: Aromatic, Topical, or Internal.
For Aromatic Use ~ Place a drop in your hand, then breathe in or use a diffuser to open up airways, improve mood, or freshen the air.
For Topical Use ~ Use a carrier oil with a drop or two of essential oil when applying to bottoms of feet or affected areas to target specific needs.
For Internal Use ~ One drop in water, under tongue, or in a veggie capsule to support digestive system, or overall health.
What are some basic safety tips?
1) Photosensitivity - Avoid direct sunlight to the exposed area for at least 12 hours. The sun may cause a skin irritation or burn. Oils applied underneath clothing should be fine.
2) Hot Oils - Use a carrier oil or whole fat milk. Do not use water. Because essential oils don't mix with water, applying water to the area can actually drive the burn in deeper. Ouch!
3) Avoid These Areas - Never put essential oils in your eyes, inside ear canal, or up nose. However, you may apply oils around the eye bone in a C shape, on ear cartilage and behind ear bone, or diffuse essential oils.
4) Dilution - Use a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil when applying essential oils topically to avoid skin sensitisation.
5) Safe Storage - Keep out of reach of children. Use child proof safety caps. The majority of all problems to children have been as a direct result of accidental overdose and ingestion in large amounts.
What are the most commonly
used essential oils and their uses?
Click on each bottle below to enjoy 1-min informational video clips.
Purity, Testing protocol..
dōTERRA Essential Oils are the most tested essential oils in the world.
If you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.